The city of Sydney is enviromentally diverse and rich, and inspires a 2012 conference that embraces the principles of reduction, reuse and recycling in order to aim for an environmental impact that is not just minimal but beneficial.
- We will identify areas in which the production of printed materials can be reduced and printed on recycled paper.
- We will take waste and reuse into consideration in the planning around conference accessories and consumables.
- We will encourage the use of venue facilities such as water bottle refill stations and portable coffee cups.
- Consider a carbon offset for your flight.
- Consider accommodation that is walking distance from campus.
- Be selective and enjoy Australia's sustainable seafood such as wild bream, whiting, oysters or blue swimmer crab.
Find more at the Marine Conservancy's onilne guide.
- Australia produces many organic and fair trade coffees to enjoy at nearby coffee houses.
- Enjoy any of the EcoTourism acreddited trips and accommodation options throughout australia.
Examples of other sustainable events
More on sustainable events
The stunningly coloured rainbow lorikeets pictured above are some of the many exotic parrots and other animals that make up Sydney's urban wildlife. The friendly lorikeets gather in palm trees or drop by a veranda for a drink. The University of Sydney campus is a stopover for large white cockatoos, the laughing kookaburra, possums, and the long legged ibis that roams the University's many parks and green spaces.