Online registration starts on February 1, 2011.
Payment can be made by Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard) or Bank Transfer. For details, please click here.
|Categories||Normal rate (after May 1, 2011)||Last chance to register at the early bird rate (on or before 9:00 am, May 5, 2011 (HKT))|
|Current ISLS members1||USD 500||USD 420||Register|
|Current ISLS student members1||USD 280||USD 220||Register|
|Non-ISLS members2||USD 630||USD 550||Register|
|Non-ISLS member students2 3||USD 350||USD 300||Register|
|Practitioner rate: non-university institution & school teachers and who have not submitted a paper||USD 350
|Hong Kong school teachers supported by Education Bureau (EDB, HKSAR)||N/A||Register|
Important notes for main conference registration
- You may register at Member rates only if you have paid your 2011 ISLS membership fee. This can be done through the society website: http://www.isls.org/membership.html. PreK-12 teachers may register without joining the Society.
- If you are not currently a member of ISLS, your conference registration fee will include a one-year membership in the Society. The CSCL conference secretariat will inform ISLS about the registration details of these types after the conference is finished. The one-year membership with ISLS will be effective by that time and you will receive membership details from ISLS.
- For participants who have registered as “non-ISLS member student”, you are required to email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a proof of your full time/part-time student status in the form of a valid student card / transcript / certifying letter with information of your institution . Participants who fail who to provide such proof will be requested to pay the full fee.
- Registration Fee waiver - We will waive registration for the RPG students of the University of Hong Kong (HKU) who help as student volunteers to support the conference.
For every participant, the registration fees for the main conference include:
- Participation in all conference sessions on July 6-8, 2011
- Conference welcome pack (including proceedings, program, conference bag, conference give away)
- Morning and afternoon tea breaks on July 6-8, 2011
- Lunches (every day) on July 6-8, 2011
- Opening reception on July 5, 2011
The registration does not include the followings and can be paid separately:
- Registration fee does not include your hotel accommodation.
Different pre-conference events may have different duration (half day / full day). Please refer to http://www.isls.org/cscl2011/cfp-workshop.htm for details of the events and their durations. CSCL 2011 participants registering for pre-conference events on July 4-5, 2011 (workshops, tutorials, seminars) will be charged a registration fee of:
|A half day event||USD 40||Register|
|One day event||USD 80||Register|
|Two days event||USD 160||Register|
Important notes for pre-conference registration
- Participants can only register for the pre-conference workshops after they have registered for the main conference on Jul 6-8, 2011.
- The fee for joining the pre-conference events does not include lunch but tea breaks are included
- No early bird rate will be offered to pre-conference registration
The post-conference activities will be held in three cities (Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Beijing). The post-conference activities will be held in Guangzhou and Shanghai in parallel on Jul 11-12, 2011 and in Beijing on Jul 14-15, 2011. As the Guangzhou and Shanghai conference activities are organized in parallel, you may register for up to two cities. We offer a discount for the registration fee if you register for two cities.
|Register for ||Fee|
|One city only (Guangzhou or Shanghai or Beijing)||USD 150||Register|
|Two cities (Guangzhou and Beijing / Shanghai and Beijing)||USD 150 + USD 100 = USD 250||Register|
Important notes for post-conference registration
- Participants can only register for the post-conference activities after they have registered for the main conference on Jul 6-8, 2011.
- The registration fee for the post-conference activities does not include traveling expenses or accommodation costs in China. Participants are responsible for their own travelling arrangements. Please refer to the tour packages offered by Associated Tours Limited, the official travel agent of CSCL 2011.
- The post-conference registration fee includes participation of all discussion sessions, tea breaks, two lunches and school visits arranged by the Program Committee of the respective cities you register for.
- No early bird rate will be offered to post-conference activities
Date: July 7, 2011 (Thu)
Venue: Jumbo Floating Restaurant, Aberdeen, Hong Kong
Cost of dinner: USD 100
Please refer to the social events page for details.