Contribute to CSCL2011 social media
CSCL2011 is going to provide live blogging on Jul 5 (16:30-18:00), Jul 6 (09:00-20:00), Jul 7 (09:00-18:00) and Jul 8 (09:00-17:00). You are welcome to contribute text messages and video clips to our broadcast.
CoverItLive is a web based Live Blogging tool that allows you to broadcast live commentary to your readers.
The CoverItLive viewer for CSCL2011 is at http://www.isls.org/cscl2011/broadcast.htm. You can view and replay the broadcast there, and even share your messages and videos while we are on air.
Leave comments via the CoverItLive viewer
- Simply type in the textboxes at the bottom of the viewer window, then press "send".
- Your message will appear on the viewer if our editor approves to be published.
- You may need to log-in using your facebook or twitter account.
- Simply tweet with the hashtag "#cscl2011" while we are on air.
- The feed will directly go into the CoverItLive viewer.
- Improper feeds may be deleted by our editor.
Qik (http://qik.com) captures video using your mobile phone and shares anytime later with anyone you choose. Below is the qik iphone app.
Share CSCL2011 moments using Qik iphone app
- After logging in or signing up Qik, Choose "Record & Share".
- Go to "Settings", then choose "Networks >".
- Press "Authorize your Twitter account" button
- In the "Default message" textbox, type in Twitter hashtag "#CSCL2011", then save.
- Go back to "Home", and then go to "My Videos". Choose the video clip you'd like to share.
- Although there're many ways to share your Qik videos, the most convenient way is "Post to Twitter".
- The twitter feed of your qik video will immediately appear on the CoverItLive viewer. Our editor may play it at the top-right corner of the viewer, too.
The URL of CSCL2011 Flickr group is http://www.flickr.com/groups/cscl2011/
Join the Flickr group
- To share your photo to our group, first you must have a Flickr account. If not, sign up to Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/signup/
- Sign in Flickr, then submit a join request at http://www.flickr.com/groups_join.gne?id=1745646@N22
- We'll accept your join request ASAP.
Add a photo to the Flickr group
- After uploading a photo, go the the photo page, click the "Actions" button at the top-left corner of the photo, then select "Add to a group".
- A dialog box pops up, then click "CSCL2011" and further click "Done" button.
- Your photo would show on http://www.flickr.com/groups/cscl2011/ and our homepage immediately.
- Flickr mobile and most smartphone app cannot manage Flickr group.
- Photos of new accounts may not be shown in the Flickr group. Please refer to http://www.flickr.com/help/tags/#2855