Website SRI International
SRI Education is committed to bringing rigorous and equitable research and evaluation data to bear on important decisions in K12 and postsecondary education. We are seeking up to two Senior Education Researchers with advanced research design and quantitative analytical skills to join SRI Education.
The Senior Education Researcher will:
- Lead rigorous and equitable research and efficacy studies
- Develop research designs and data collection instruments
- Apply an equity lens to and engage diverse perspectives in our work
- Lead teams to conduct mixed-methods data collection and analyses
- Lead teams to develop high-quality research products such as reports, policy papers, and infographics for clients, policymakers, and practitioners, and present study findings to relevant audiences
- Lead and contribute to business development efforts, including client management on existing projects and development of proposals to fund new project work
- Grow professionally and develop new skills through ongoing project embedded mentorship and professional development opportunities
- Mentor junior analysts on evaluation design and methodological issues
- Lead projects in one or more of the following program areas:
- College and Career Pathways, which supports the development of equitable college and career opportunities and outcomes through rigorous applied research and contextually-attuned technical assistance
- Digital Learning and Technology Policy, which seeks to improve the use of digital learning technologies (e.g., adaptive courseware, 1:1 programs, online courses) in authentic educational settings
- Teaching Quality and School Reform, which seeks to improve the quality of K-12 teaching by evaluating systems that support teacher development and to help school systems realize improved student outcomes by studying school and district innovations
- Multilingual Learners, which provides research, technical assistance and strategic planning services to help educators and policy makers address inequities and transform the quality of multilingual learners’ educational experiences
- Qualifications :
- PhD in social sciences or related policy fields and 3 years related experience OR a similar master’s degree and 6 years related experience
- Knowledge and experience carrying out research and evaluation in one of more of SRI Education’s program areas, including leading study design, data collection, overseeing cleaning and merging datasets, analysis, and reporting
- Research or other professional experience in or with the US public PreK–16 education system working with Black or African American, Latino, Latinx, or Hispanic students, or students and families with limited financial means
- Experience leading large federal or foundation evaluation contracts or grants
- Commitment to implementing principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion both in research and in the workplace
- Track record of successful business development, such as winning competitive-bid contracts and grants
- Commitment to working collaboratively both with SRI team members and with stakeholders
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Capacity to lead multiple projects or tasks simultaneously and change focus as priorities shift through use of strong organizational skills
In your cover letter please include information about your training and experience in the relevant program area(s) of interest described in the research position.
- Please note that candidates who proceed to the interview process will be asked to provide writing samples and a job talk.
Preferred candidates have at least two of the following:
- Experience in leading design and execution of experimental and quasi-experimental studies, including sampling plans and random assignment protocols
- Expertise with quantitative analysis methods such multivariate analyses (e.g., multiple regression), multilevel modeling/HLM, longitudinal or time-dependent analyses, matching techniques (e.g., propensity score matching), regression discontinuity analyses, or latent variable modeling (e.g., item response theory, structural equation modeling)
- Experience with learning analytics, e.g., analyzing student progress and performance in learning software, educational data mining techniques
- Deep knowledge of and expertise examining instructional practice in US classrooms.
- Previous experience in education, e.g., as a teacher, administrator, or evaluator
SRI Education (https://www.sri.com/research-development/education-learning), a division of SRI International, is helping federal and state agencies, school districts, major foundations, nonprofit organizations, and international and commercial clients tackle some of the most complex issues in education to help students succeed. Our mission is to reduce barriers, optimize outcomes, and ensure educational equity for all children, youth, and families. We do this by conducting high-quality research, supporting use of data and evidence, helping to strengthen state and local systems, and developing tools that improve teaching and accelerate and deepen learning. Our work covers a range of topics: early learning and development, disability and inclusion, supporting multilingual learners, student behavior and well-being, teaching quality, digital learning, STEM and computer science, and literacy and language arts, and college and career pathways. We believe diversity in our organization and project teams leads to better and more equitable research and technical assistance, resulting in improved outcomes for all.
The salary range for Colorado residents would be $81,576- $135,110.
Salary ranges for this role will vary and are based on several factors, including geographic location, market competitiveness and equity amongst internal employees in similar roles.
SRI has a competitive benefits package, to view details please go to https://www.sri.com/resources/benefits/ .
Other Requirements :
–Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Government Clearance of Public Trust
–U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.brassring.com.