the CSCL Community is a strong subgroup of the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS). Its members are currently the ISLS members who have indicated interest in CSCL, participated in the last CSCL conference or program, and the Editorial Board of ijCSCL.
The CSCL Community is represented by the CSCL Committee comprising 12 members and chaired by two co-chairs. The committee works to strengthen the international CSCL community as part of ISLS, working with the ISLS board and the other committees on CSCL affairs, including the CSCL program of the annual ISLS conferences and the ijCSCL journal.
The members of this committee are elected by the members of the CSCL Community on a biannual basis.
It is now time for you to send your nominations for electing members of the CSCL community committee! You may nominate up to three names. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Timeline for the election:
- Call for nominations: March 2021
- Election of committee members: April 2021
- Election of one committee co-chair: June 2021 (the other co-chair stays on for another year rotating system with one year overlap)
We are aiming for a balanced mixture of experienced CSCL members and more junior people and take care to reflect the international character of our community in the CSCL committee. After we have collected nominations, we will ask nominees if they are willing to serve on the committee. Then we will initiate the election. You will receive separate email from us about this.
Please submit your nominations to the CSCL committee co-chairs at https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=JwBhZ8MatkmGQczYPOGwH9OeWpKo89lMg_BeiZYbajxUMzkyVjBMRlgxSkdENlJYMzZaS1JYRDVJTC4u.
The deadline for nominations is March 31, 2021.
Armin Weinberger and Wenli Chen
Co-chairs of the CSCL Committee
Current members of the CSCL committee
CSCL Community Committee Members (2018-2022 term)
- Armin Weinberger, Saarland University, Germany (Co-chair)
- Marcela Borge, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Bodong Chen, University of Minnesota, USA
- Raija Hämäläinen, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Sanna Järvelä, Oulu University, Finland
- Emma Mercier, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
CSCL Community Committee Members (2016-2020 term)
- Wenli Chen, Nanyang Technological University Singapore (Co-chair)
- Cindy-Hmelo-Silver, Indiana University, USA
- Ulrich Hoppe, University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Eleni Kyza, Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Jianwei Zhang, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
- Jason Yip, University of Washington, Seattle, USA