The Third Annual Meeting of the International Society of the Learning Sciences
Conference theme: Building knowledge and sustaining our community
June 13–17, 2023 • Montréal, QC, Canada
The EasyChair system is now available to receive your submissions: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=isls2023
We are pleased to announce that the submission system for ISLS 2023 is now ready to receive your submissions for the ICLS and CSCL conferences. For these conferences, we have retained all traditional submission formats (full paper, short paper, poster, and symposia) while re-introducing (1) technology innovation papers and adding (2) practice-oriented papers and (3) interactive symposia. Submissions for pre-conference workshops, tools & demos, and doctoral consortium will open mid-November.
The ISLS Annual Meeting for 2023 will promote an in-person conference experience, with presenters in physical attendance, while adding some capacity for interactive remote participation, and accommodations for presenters who are unable or choose not to travel.
- Full Papers, Short Papers, Posters, Practice-oriented Papers, Technology Innovation Papers, and Symposia: 21 November 2022, 23:59 US Pacific Time (PST)
- Pre-conference Workshops & Tutorials, Interactive Tools & Demos, Doctoral Consortium, Early Career Workshop, and Mid-Career Workshop: 20 January 2023, 23:59 US Pacific Time (PST)
- Acceptances announced for Full and Short Papers, Posters, Practice-oriented contributions, Technology Innovation, Symposia: 6 February 2023
- Acceptances announced for Doctoral Consortium, Early and Mid-Career Workshops, Pre-conference Workshops, Tutorials and Interactive Tools and Demos: Mid-March 2023
- Research papers
- Full Papers
- Short Papers
- Practice-oriented Papers (NEW!)
- Technology Innovation Papers
There are three contribution types to choose from, for full papers, short papers, posters and symposia:
- Empirical contributions present studies emphasising the major issue(s) addressed, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, and (conceptual, empirical, practical) implications. These can include design-based research.
- Conceptual contributions present theoretical elaborations or reviews of the literature.
- Methodological contributions develop and/or validate a research method, preferably providing empirical illustrations.
Forthcoming submissions (opening mid-November)
- Pre-conference Workshops & Tutorials
- Interactive Tools & Demos
- Doctoral Consortium
- Early Career Workshop
- Mid-Career Workshop
Templates and more detailed instructions are available at https://2023.isls.org/call-for-papers
All page limits include the references.
We look forward to connecting with you as we plan an in-person program, pending changes to COVID-19 restrictions. Montreal will be welcoming you, with its summer vibe. From June to August, Montreal is the city of festivals including the International Jazz Festival, Just-for-Laughs, Formula One grand prix, and more. The city has many attractions such as Old Montreal, the Riverfront, the Plateau, St. Catherine Street, and many lovely neighbourhoods with cafes, restaurants, micro-breweries, live music venues and shopping.