While it had been our intent to take all measures to welcome you at Ruhr University Bochum and to our City Bochum in Germany next summer, the Local Conference Organizers and the International Society of the Learning Sciences have nowmade the tough decision to hold the ISLS Annual Meeting 2021 completely online. Ongoing developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting restrictions for running in-person events with a larger number of people left no other alternative. We are very disappointed that we will not be able to give you the local experience that we were hoping for. However, we will now take up the challenge of bringing the Bochum experience to you!
The dates for the ISLS Annual Meeting 2021 will not change. We’ll be running all workshops and sessions during the originally scheduled conference dates: June, 7-11, 2021.
As we move the ISLS Annual Meeting 2021 completely online, we look forward to offering you a vibrant conference programme, networking possibilities for you to connect to your fellow CSCL and LS researchers, opportunities to socialize online during the event, and maybe even dance! In addition to participating in the live event, attendees will have access to on-demand paper presentation recordings.
All calls for participation are still valid. We invite submissions for:
- Full and short Papers, Posters, Symposia (https://2021.isls.org/submit-papers-posters-and-symposia)
- Pre-Conference Workshops and Tutorials (https://2021.isls.org/propose-pre-conference-workshops-tutorials)
- Interactive Tools & Demos (https://2021.isls.org/propose-interactive-tools-and-demos)
- Doctoral Consortium (https://2021.isls.org/apply-for-doctoral-consortium)
- Early Career Workshop (https://2021.isls.org/apply-for-early-career-workshop)
- Mid-Career Workshop (https://2021.isls.org/apply-for-mid-career-workshop)
In light of shifting to an online event, we are extending the deadline for papers, posters & symposia until November 13th. Please submit your contributions using https://isls2021.exordo.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Online ISLS Annual Meeting in June 2021 and hope that you will join us for this reimagined event and embrace the opportunity to connect with the ISLS community. Until then, we are here to help and support you in response to your questions. Please feel free to reach out to us, the local organizing team of ISLS 2021, at [email protected]. For questions related to paper submission and review, please contact the ISLS 2021 Program Chairs at [email protected].
Program Chairs and Local Team
on behalf of the ISLS 2021 Steering Committee