We are happy to announce the International Learning Sciences Student Association (ILSSA) as a formal committee of the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS). The association aims to serve as an international community for all students of the learning sciences. ILSSA’s mission is to support and develop the intellectual, social, and professional development of graduate and undergraduate students in the field of learning sciences and within ISLS.
The goals of ILSSA include:
- Create opportunities for dialogue through conferences, publications, websites, social networking sites, committees, and other member initiatives
- Promote community, interdisciplinarity, and intellectual exchange among students
- Advocate for and support active student engagement at ISLS conferences
- Facilitate and support dedicated student sessions at ISLS conferences in collaboration with the Society and conference organizers
- Work with ISLS, committees, and other ISLS members in advocating for student interests
- Advocate for and support student-focused initiatives, such as mentorship meet-ups, workshops, webinars, and resources.
ILSSA was created for students, by students, and we invite you to join us in continuing to develop the association. All student members of ISLS are automatically part of ILSSA. As we flesh out the details, you can join the conversation via our Slack workspace or our Facebook page which are both open to all students of the learning sciences (including non-members of ISLS).
We’re also looking to fill several vacant roles of the interim ILSSA committee:
Vacant – Treasurer (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Asia-Pacific Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Europe/UK Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
Vacant – Global South Regional Rep – (interim until June 30, 2020)
You can apply for and learn more about these roles and the committee structure here:
ILSSA Committee members can serve multiple terms and following June 2020, these roles will be elected/acclaimed by ISLS student members.
We look forward to seeing many of you in Nashville, Tennessee, USA for ICLS 2020 where we will have our launch event (details forthcoming).
On behalf of the ILSSA,
Chris Ostrowdun – Interim co-chair ([email protected])
Sree Sankaranarayanan – Interim co-chair ([email protected])
Tugce Aldemir – Interim Communications ([email protected])
Joey Huang – Interim Membership and Outreach ([email protected])