Solidarity with Ukraine
The PAUSE program opens a special call for emergency assistance to Ukrainian researchers in danger, through an emergency fund granted by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
An emergency financial aid to finance the stay of a Ukrainian researcher, and his/her family if applicable, for a period of three months is proposed to voluntary French institutions. The amount of the financial aid will be a lump sum based on the number of people in the family unit (single person, couple, family).
This emergency hosting in France may allow the researcher to prepare, in connection with a host institution, an application to the PAUSE program according to the regular procedures and criteria of the program, based on co-funding.
How to apply?
- A simplified application form must be completed online by the host institution, along with the following documents:
- A letter of commitment from the head of the institution committing to host the researcher for a period of three months
- A bank account details of the host institution
- A copy of the passport or, failing that, the identity card of the researcher and members of his/her family, if applicable
- A curriculum vitae of the researcher
The application platform is accessible via this link https://candidatures-pause.college-de-france.fr/index.php/pause-ukraine/
In case you do not know French colleagues, you can write to [email protected] to be put into contact with voluntary host institutions.
Security and Confidentiality
In order to protect against interception of communications that could compromise the security of researchers, we recommend that host institutions and researchers use secure messaging services for their communications. End-to-end encrypted solutions, such as Olvid or Signal for phone exchanges and ProtonMail or Tutanota for email exchanges, are strongly recommended.
More information here: https://www.college-de-france.fr/site/programme-pause/PAUSE-Solidarite-Ukraine.htm