- Jun 6 - 10, 2022
- This event has passed.
- All Day
ISLS Annual Meeting 2022
Registration Process and Fees
ISLS has as a core tenet the commitment to increasing equity and diversity among its members, and especially for those who wish to participate in the annual meeting and publish in journals sponsored by the Society. Over the past year there have been numerous discussions within our membership, committees, and associated groups/networks around the world about how to realize this commitment in action. The new Registration Fee structure for the ISLS 2022 Annual Meeting is an effort to act on these commitments. For the first time, the Registration Fee structure is based on career category and the economic conditions in the country of residence. The 2022 Registration Fee structure recognizes: 1) that those earlier in their careers are in different financial circumstances than those later in their careers; and 2) that there are wide disparities in income across the globe. At the same time, we are maintaining the requirement that you must be a member of the ISLS to register for the Annual Meeting. There is one exception to the membership requirement: Practitioners who work primarily in settings that serve pre-college level students may register for the Annual Meeting without becoming members of the ISLS.
What do your registration fees pay for?
You must be a current (2022) member of ISLS to register.
Become a member or sign in to renew your membership.
* Please note that we have switched over to a new system. If you were not a member in 2020 or 2021, you must create a new account in order to join or renew for 2022. For all membership-related questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Registration Fee Structure
To determine your Registration Fee, follow the three steps outlined here and described in more detail below:
- Determine your career category.
- Determine whether you reside in a High Income country or a Middle or Low Income country as designated by the the World Bank classification system that is based on a variety of economic indicators.
- Based on steps 1 and 2, consult the Registration Fee Schedule to determine the cost for you to register.
Participants in DC, ECW and MCW: If you have been accepted to the Doctoral Consortium, Early Career Workshop, or Mid-Career Workshop, your registration fees are covered but you must be a current (2022) member of ISLS to register and complete the registration form for DC, ECW, and MCW.
Step 1: Career Category: Please use the following definitions to select the career category that best describes you:
- Mid/Later Career: Associate Professor, Full Professor, or comparable position at a university, college, or research institution.
- Early Career: Post-doctoral scholar, Assistant Professor, or comparable position at a university, college, or research institution.
- Student: Graduate (including Doctoral Candidate) or Undergraduate student.
- Practitioner: Teacher, Principal, School Administrator.
Step 2: Economic Conditions in Country of Residence: Please determine whether you reside in a High Income country or a Middle or Low Income country using World Bank designations:
- World Bank High Income Country List (scroll to bottom of page to view country list)
- World Bank Middle and Low Income Country List (scroll to bottom of page to view country list)
Step 3: Determine Your Registration Fee: Based on your career level and country of residence group determine your Registration Fee using the schedule in the table below. The first section of the table applies to those residing in World Bank designated High Income countries; the second section to those residing in World Bank designated Middle and Low Income countries.
When you determine the Registration Fee that applies to you, click on the Register link for your row. This will take you to the actual Registration Form and payment page.
We are implementing this Registration Fee system on the honor system, it is up to you to select the appropriate Registration Fee.
Please register using the links in the tables below:
Learn more at 2022.isls.org and follow us on Twitter @isls2022 for the latest ISLS 2022 announcements.