- Jun 10 - 15, 2023
- This event has passed.
- All Day
ISLS Annual Meeting 2023 Registration
Registration Process and Fees
ISLS has as a core tenet the commitment to increasing equity and diversity among its members, and especially for those who wish to participate in the annual meeting and publish in journals sponsored by the Society. Over the past year there have been numerous discussions within our membership, committees, and associated groups/networks around the world about how to realize this commitment in action. Since 2022, we have refined our Registration Fee structure for the ISLS Annual Meeting in an effort to act on these commitments. The Registration Fee structure is based on two factors: career category and the economic conditions in the country of residence. The 2023 Registration Fee structure recognizes:
- Career category, recognizing that those earlier in their careers are in different financial circumstances than those later in their careers; and
- Country of residence, recognizing that there are wide disparities in income across the globe.
We also maintain a separate fee structure for:
- Practitioners (e.g., teachers, instructional designers/professional development staff, and school administrators) who work primarily in settings that serve K-12/pre-college level students and may register for the Annual Meeting without becoming members of the ISLS; as well as for
- Participants in the Doctoral Consortium (DC) or Early Career Workshop (ECW), whose fees are covered but must be a current (2023) member of ISLS in order to register.
Here is a more detailed explanation outlining what the Annual Meeting registration fees pay for.
* Please note that we switched over to a new system in 2020. If you were not a member any time 2020-2022, you must create a new account in order to join or renew for 2023. For all membership-related questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Register
- All presenting authors MUST pay the In Person rate.
- NOTE: Registration for virtual attendance provides streaming access for Keynotes and a limited selection of innovative features that may occur before or during the Annual Meeting. It also provides full access to Whova, where you will access program details, online discussions, and any files uploaded to sessions by the presenters (e.g., PowerPoint slides or videos).
Career Category: Please use the following definitions to select the career category that best describes you:
- Mid/Later Career: Associate Professor, Full Professor, or comparable position at a university, college, or research institution.
- Early Career: Post-doctoral scholar, Assistant Professor, or comparable position at a university, college, or research institution.
- Student: Graduate (including Doctoral Candidate) or Undergraduate student.
- Practitioner: Teacher, Principal, School Administrator.
- Doctoral Consortium (DC) or Early Career Workshop (ECW) Participant
Economic Conditions in Country of Residence: Please determine whether you reside in a High Income country or a Middle or Low Income country using World Bank designations:
- World Bank High Income Country List (scroll to bottom of page to view country list)
- World Bank Middle and Low Income Country List (scroll to bottom of page to view country list)
We are implementing this Registration Fee system on the honor system, it is up to you to select the appropriate Registration Fee.
All payments are made via Stripe (accepts all major credit and debit cards). We do not accept payment through cash and bank drafts. Payment will be made in US dollars. If you are paying via foreign currency, Stripe exchange rates for the day will apply if any currency conversion is needed.